Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random Sample Pack Review!


I'd say in case you didn't know but actually I am 100% positive you don't, I have recently started making electro! All types of genres but as I am new to this I am pretty bad so don't expect a link to my Soundcloud! This post isn't about that though. I just stumbled upon an amazing sample pack made by Deadmau5. If you don't know who Deadmau5 is you should probably hit the play button on the video below.


So anyway the sample pack is called Deadmau5 XFER and it is awesome. Apparently he made it because he was tired of hearing Vengeance in everything, which I understand. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the instruments and effects. I was most astonished that the loops in it don't suck and theres like 350 of them! Granted not all of them are perfect but with some slicing they could be. Listening to the loops I get... inspired which is exactly what they are supposed to do. Vengeance loops, or at least the ones I have, don't do that for me. 

I'll be honest right now and say I bought it without thinking, but it said Deadmau5 on it, cmon! This is one of those rare times that a compulsive buy wasn't regretted almost immediately after purchase. All-in-all I would say if you are into electro and not just Hau5 (see what I did) definitely pick up this pack if you are in the market for one! :)

I know this is kind of a different post, but I figure if it has something to do with sound I can put it up. It also isn't as in-depth or well worded as my reviews of my headphones, but I am short on time! What do you guys think?

41 comments:

Doc_Waffles said...

deadmau5...love him and the origin of his name is pretty funny haha.

Berate said...

Deadmau5 is everywhere now.
When he performs he looks like Daft Punk 2.0

BambooStickk said...

I love deadmau5! i just wish he wasn't as mainstream as before :o

Fitzen said...

Saw him at the rave in Milwaukee, hot shit.

donga5000 said...

I liked the song, very nice

Sam said...

Great music man, following and supporting from now on :)

'Auana said...

imma grab this for my FL set! great pack!

The_illustrative_Mind said...

loving it.

Layman Researcher said...

I don't like electro :(

Neuro said...

Both a deadmau5 fan and a producer!

Veno said...

Dedmau4 is my neighbour. We play intsruments together and I would like to seriously thank you for posting this, the time you took to type this out from your brain to the keyboard to the Internet! Man. I can't even begin to fathom how much this post means to me. Like, really. It's crazy. I'm sitting here just minding my own business and BAM! I decided to read your blog for no apparent reason. What luck I have today... I think I shall be showing it to dedmau and he will be entirely filled with joy upon seeing it. In fact he will be so joyful that I'm sure I could hook you guys up - for a recording session! Please post more like this mate. I believe in you! I'll be here for EVERY POST........

A said...

Don't really like Deadmau5, but the pack sounds interesting, you think you could post a quick sample or something next time?

That would be pretty awesome.

Kazarak said...

deadmau5 never fails to impress me

A said...

O wait, mybad I see you linked to it on your post.

My mistake.

philthycanuck said...

Hmmmm.. not usually my style but I find myself head bobbin with it! Good find.

Zakk said...

Deadmau5 if freaking awesome, I really can't get enough of his work.

Tristie said...

No problem Mac! I genuinely enjoy the blog, and if I can help out at all, it'd be a pleasure! On a side note, Deadmau5 is amazing!

Warlaw said...

I've never been a big fan of deadmau5. For some reason, this type of music unnerves. Don't ask me why, it's like having an irrational fear only replace fear with discomfort.

metalpark_73189 said...

Don't know who that is but the song was great!

Kicking Rocks said...

thats somes great stuff man

Cody said...

Sweet song man, got me bopping ahaha

U Laugh U Lose
http://ulaughulose.blogspot.com/

Tyrone said...

Deadmau5 is top notch, been hooked ever since hearing his work in Goldeneye for Wii!

Bassislv said...

personally i don't like Deadmau5, but i'm looking forward to your tracks, don't forget to post them here!

Con Queso said...

Does Veno really live right next door to them? lol, I'm a bit skeptical but if it's true that's super cool.

rickysha said...

Its great. I recently started listening to his music. He comes from the area I live in.

Anonymouse said...


sounds good to me

Garth said...

awesome, I'm gonna have to check this out. I like the song

Brut said...

I LOVE this mix. I tend to listen to trance/dubstep more, but this is awesome!

Kazarak said...

deadmau5 is actually pretty good, I may have to pick up an album or something

MunAlderson said...

So many people love Deadmau5, can't say I'm a huge fan

Ion762 said...

deadmau5 is great thanks for posting this!

spaceman said...

Nice nice, thanks.

Definitely followin + supportin.

Limitfears.blogspot.com

RP said...

Haven't heard this before...sounds good...

Unknown said...

not bad, deadmau5's music is great and my favorite song of his is FML

SkyBlue said...

i really enjoyed the song..please do make more and share them ^^

http://skybluetrading.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

always loved deadmau5

Mike said...

wow bro you sure have some skill! i love your tracks! do you dj?

Unknown said...

Sick beats. I couldn't turn my laptop enough to be satisfied. I'm all tingly!

Consider_The_Following said...

So buying this

PANDA.JPG said...

Love deadmau5! I'm afraid, I can't buy that pack right away! I'm psyched though. DIdn't know about this at all. O:

leanmeansteen said...

hell ya. i like that you gave a sample pack review. of course i also like all your other audiophile reviews. i hope eventually you start putting ur stuff up on soundcloud. my blog has some of my soundcloud stuff. i use some of the loopmasters products myself. work hard on the tunes!

Post a Comment